"Hurt/comfort is a fan fiction genre that involves the physical pain or emotional distress of one character, who is cared for by another character. The injury, sickness or other kind of hurt allows an exploration of the characters and their relationship."
The rules are simple! Simple as in 'just like every other roleplay meme on LJ'. Post a comment with a character journal, tag around, and enjoy yourself! Of course, this meme has a h/c theme, and you can't have that without a bit of misfortune happening to your character. The scenario in your thread can be whatever you wish, but in case you're stuck for ideas, let's throw in some suggestions and random number generator fun to the mix.
RNG MODE: Roll a number, 1-5, and go with the scenario you get! (This is optional, so there's no pressure to use the RNG suggestions if you don't want to! At that, feel free to pick and choose from the suggestions at your leisure.)
1. INJURY: Maybe a tiger bit you in the arm, maybe you got attacked by some douchebag with a knife, who knows? The point is, you're hurt and probably bleeding! Better do something before that gets infected. Severity of the injury is up to you, from a papercut to outright guro.
2. SICKNESS: So much for that amazing immune system of yours. Cold? Flu? Some rare illness only one in thirty million people ever get? You've caught something. Chicken noodle soup, anyone? Or, you know, a trip to the hospital. Depends.
3. FEAR/ANXIETY: You're terrified! Don't ask me why, though. You just are. (Unless that tiger from example one is back and it's staring you down...) Hyperventilation! Trembling! Sweating! The works. How unpleasant for you.
4. LOSS OF SENSES: Have fun while your 20/20 eyesight or your godlike hearing completely go out the window. Sight, touch, taste, hearing, and smell are all fair game. And though it's not exactly a 'sense', 'ability to speak' will be added under that umbrella too.
5. DESPAIR/DEPRESSION: Nothing is beautiful and everything hurts. You feel helpless and hopeless! This sudden sorrow came from nowhere and it seems pretty hard to shake, but maybe someone will be able to pull you out of your dark, gloomy emotional rut?
Finally, if you need to get in touch with me, post a comment here!
Please pimp the meme out, too!